I read this back in 2006. I am not sure if I have ever written anything on this topic. Before I trash this piece of note, I am going to share it here.
“Six career secrets you won’t learn in school ” by Alexandra Levit.
(1) Develop a marketable corporate person. Think of yourself as a publicist with the task of promoting yourself.
(2) Establish profitable relationship. Business networking.
(3) Master transferable skills like goal setting, effective communication and time management, like your emotional intelligence.
(4) Stay motivated despite trying circumstances
(5) Get people to cooperate.
(6) Be proactive about your career growth. After all, it is your career and no one but you should take care of it all the time